Looking to relocate your business?
Looking for a new job?
Find out about the latest vacancies with Cornwall Development Company and new opportunities with Jobline Staffing.
"Achieving sustainable prosperity with opportunity for all."
Lizard Pathways has provided over 1000 jobless individuals with quality information, advice and guidance on returning to work as well as practical support with the costs of transport, childcare, clothing, equipment and assistance, effectively bridging the gap between benefits and first wage.
Lizard Pathways: Entry to Employment
Established in 2001 Lizard Pathways has a proven track record in successfully delivering Jobcentre Plus, Skills Funding Agency (previously Learning and Skills Council) and European Social fund projects.
Lizard Pathways has supported over 1000 jobless individuals across Cornwall with quality Information, Advice and Guidance on returning to work as well as practical support with the costs of transport, childcare, clothing, equipment and assistance, effectively bridging the gap between benefits and first wage.
55% of those supported so far have entered sustainable employment.
The project aims to support those who are the most excluded and therefore beneficiaries are from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with disabilities or health issues, lone parents, homeless/NFA, people with drug/alcohol problems, young people and ex-offenders. 70% of the beneficiaries engaged by Lizard Pathways are on long term health related benefits, lone parents, NEET or ‘hidden joblessÙ non benefit recipients.
Lizard Pathways has delivered a number of ESF Convergence, Department of Work and Pensions and Skills Funding Agency projects to date:
Cornwall Works With Families
As a result of investment from the ESF Convergence programme and in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions, Paragon Concord and the Local Authority, Lizard Pathways delivered Cornwall Works with Families in the following areas:
Localities 2&3: Camborne, Pool, Redruth, Falmouth, Penryn, Helston & The Lizard
Providing support for jobless beneficiaries 16 – 65 years old within a family where more than one person is not working and claiming:
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- Income Support
- Careers Allowance
- Severe Disability Allowance
Individuals were assigned a Key Worker to help them choose from a range of support tailored to their needs and interests. They may have needed support to deal with family issues, or training to build confidence and skills, or wanted to find a job. Lizard Pathways helped recipients to overcome barriers and regain control of the situation.
- Family Support: parenting skills and advice, support to deal with health issues and housing problems, help with addiction, money management and debt advice.
- Learning: help to find volunteering and work experience placements, providing inspirational and fun programmes to you build your communication, team work and motivational skill.
- Work: job search skills, CV and application forms, interview skills, work experience, work tasters, Skills for the Workplace programme, advice on choosing job options and starting your own business and access to employers who are recruiting.
- 1-2-1 Information, Advice and Guidance
- Individually tailored support and mentoring
- Assistance with barriers to employment
- Post employment support
Work Related Programmes
In partnership with the Skills Funding Agency and the Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly Learning Partnership, Lizard Pathways delivered Work Related Programmes throughout West Cornwall.
Beneficiaries who were 19+ years of age had the opportunity to prepare for employment through structured courses providing:
- Team and Confidence Building
- Outdoor Activities
- ASDAN Employability Award Qualification
- Certificated Work Focussed Training
- Certificated Workshops on CV building, Job Search, Interview Skills and Career Planning
For further information about Lizard Pathways, including working in partnership please contact:
Tel: 01209 615059